Sunday, June 24, 2012

Last Day in Ottawa


Hey guys it's Morgan. So day three of Ottawa we went to the National Art Gallery, the War Museum and the Royal Mint. My favourite part about the war  museum was the War of 1812 exhibit. I liked the exhibit because I am interested in that war. I saw a piece of the White House and a blunderbuss. 

A blunderbuss!


A piece of the White House that the British burned in the War of 1812!


A diorama of Paschendaele from the WWI.


One of Hitler's cars from WWII. 




I didn't like the museum of civilization but I liked looking at the art at the art gallery and the meditation pool there. Then we drove up to the top of the Gatineau hills in Quebec to look at the Ottawa valley. It was peaceful and foresty. 




We also went to the national Royal Mint and I got to hold a 24 pound gold bar that was worth $700,000 dollars .


The next day we left for Halifax on a train. I had 2 poutine at the Montreal train station!
  

The sleeper car we were in on the train was awesome. It was a bunkbed room. 'Twas awesome we could see all around in the observation car. I didn't like the food but I tried lots of new ones. Here's me hanging off the top bunk before I fell asleep for fifteen hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment